A Prix d'Elite award is considered a seafood oscar. All exhibitors may enter the competition with their products within categories such as the best retail product, the best foodservice product, the best convenience, the best retail packaging, the best nutrition and health, and the best originality.
When judging the products a jury considers the following features:
- 30 % for the taste profile, including flavour, texture, aroma and cooked appearance
- 10 % for packaging, including label information, environmental factors and food safety
- 15 % for market potential
- 15 % for the convenience value
- 10 % for the nutritional value
- 20 % for originality